Do you want to know how to get rid of morning sickness? If you’ve recently become pregnant then you might be trying to figure out how to get rid of morning sickness. This condition affects about 50 to 90% of pregnant women and normally occurs during the first trimester. Morning sickness does not only occur during the morning but can happen at any time during the day and night.
Morning sickness is a feeling of sickness within your stomach the first thing in the morning when you are pregnant. Most cases starts very early in pregnancy. For some women it can start as soon as pregnancy occurs. It can last from a few hours first thing in the morning to all day. Some pregnant women do not get morning sickness until mid-morning. Usually it will end by about the 12th or 16th week of pregnancy. Unfortunately for some women it can persist throughout the pregnancy.
Sometimes you feel so sick to your stomach that you feel like you have to throw up. You may spend a while with your head over a vomit bowel and nothing comes out except you are retching like hell. For other pregnant women they actually do throw up. Some women cannot hold down any food at all during the first trimester of pregnancy.
What causes morning sickness?
- Increased sensitivity to smell and taste is amongst the major morning sickness causes. It is very common to feel an increase sense of craving and apathy towards certain tastes and smells of food and other substances. Some smells and flavors may attract you while others may make you gag.
- Eating greasy and spicy foods are also regarded as morning sickness causes. As the digestion deteriorates under the influence of hormone levels, consumption of these foods aggravates the situation and makes pregnant women more susceptible to morning sickness.
- Another pregnancy hormone named, hCG or HCG is also considered one of the effective morning sickness causes. Release of this hormone in the blood stream leaves women feeling nauseous.
- Progesterone hormone is one of the morning sickness causes. Arousal of progesterone hormone affect in the digestive system of pregnant women. Progesterone hormone retards all the metabolic functions and digestion is one of those. As a result, digesting food takes longer while as compared to the period when the sufferer was not pregnant. In the end, this sloth digestion process makes women feel morning sickness.
Morning sickness is not harmful at all to pregnant women, but if you are missing your meals then it may make affect the unborn baby. Further, if severe morning sickness occurs in early pregnancy then it may affect the health of pregnant women and her unborn baby.
Here are some tips for morning sickness relief:
- Don’t eat late dinners. You can snack to have food in your stomach before going to bed, but don’t eat a major meal late at night.
- Warm water mixed with a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This helps to neutralize the stomach and stop the morning sickness.
- Magnetic wrist bands can be helpful for those wanting to know how to get rid of morning sickness. It’s an unconventional approach but has worked for some.
- Don’t eat foods that are high in fat with little nutritional value. But it is alright to eat foods that are high in fat and high in carbohydrates. Eat foods like celery or apple slices with peanut butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, and nuts.
- Eat a snack or light meal whenever you feel nausea coming on. Food helps your stomach and can prevent nausea and vomiting from occurring.
- Keep your senses away from any foods that make you nauseous. Don’t look at, smell, or taste any foods that can trigger your morning sickness.
- You need a surplus of sleep and relaxation. Take a nap, go to bed early, or sleep in whenever you find it necessary. Try some relaxation techniques to soothe your nerves. Fatigue, both emotionally and physically, can make your nausea and vomiting worse.
- Have a snack in bed to get food in your stomach and keep your blood sugar up. The best snack is one that has lots of protein and complex carbohydrates.
- Instead of the traditional three large meals a day, change it to four to six small meals spread throughout the day. Nothing triggers nausea like an empty stomach and low blood sugar. This is a huge tip for how to get rid of morning sickness.
The Morning Sickness Handbook
“Mother Discovers How To Cure Morning Sickness Using Proven Easy 100% Natural System”
For more information, please Click The Morning Sickness Handbook.
Search Keywords: foods that help with morning sickenss, home remedies for morning sickness, how to deal with morning sickness, how to ease morning sickness, how to stop morning sickness, morning sickness cures, morning sickness during pregnancy, morning sickness relief, morning sickness treatment, nausea remedies